At the Cottage:
Our Cottage on Gunter Lake is tucked away from it all so you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just relax and enjoy cottage country! We do have some of the comforts of home though including Satelite TV and Wifi. Cell phone reception is also great. Other things to do include:
- Swimming from the sandy beach
- Watersports including paddleboarding, kayaking & inflatables for floating the day away.
- Fishing - bring your own boat - or go out in our canoe or aluminum fishing boat. You can even portage into Cashel Lake.
- Roast Marshmallows & tell ghost stories around the firepit. Firewood is included!
- Family game night - play nintendo wii, Xbox or a boardgame in the family/games room or darts in the screened in porch.
- Stargaze - night time in cottage country allows you to see the sky & stars the way nature intended.
Within an hours drive:
If you don't want to spend all your time at the cottage... there are things to explore in the area including:
Relax at the cottage, explore the area or do both! It's all up to you.
- Trudy's Place - closest store - with LCBO, gas, propane, basic groceries, ice cream, chip truck - about 20 minutes away
- McGeachie Conservation Area - Great walking trails & public beach - about 20 minutes away. Part of the Hastings Heritage Trail.
- Bancroft - Closest city with all of the amenities - Foodland, LCBO, Hospital & Restaurants - also local brewery Bancroft Brewing Co - about 45 minutes north
- Egan Chute Provincial Park - about 50 minutes away - just past Bancroft - hike to the waterfalls
- O'hara Mill Homestead and Conservation area - Step back in time to an 1800's Pioneer Village - Gardens & Walking Trails - about 45 minutes south
- Grail Springs Spa - Spend a half day or full day at the spa. Perfect for girl's weekend's or mother/daughter/sister bonding - about 40 minutes north
- Bancroft Ridge Golf Club - 18 hole golf course with driving range - about 45 minutes north - offers a cottage 7 day pass for $99 or daily rate options for 9 hole or 18 hole.
- Bancroft Golf Course - 9 hole golf course - about 45 minutes north - offers rental clubs.
- West Highland Golf Course - 12 hole Country golf course - about 45 minutes south - close to O'hara Mill in Madoc.
- Owenbrook Golf Course - 9 hole golf course - about 40 minutes north west - close to Coe Hill.